Seasonal Surveillance Technician
The Dukes County Mosquito Testing Program is a County program that provides mosquito surveillance services to the interested island towns. The Program is seeking an applicant to fill a contracted seasonal position during the summer of 2013. There are no benefits associated with this position.
Estimated duration: July 15, 2013 – September 6, 2013
Work week: 2 days, maximum 10 hours per week, Monday and Tuesday.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and hold a valid MA Driver's license.
1. Set out and pick up mosquito traps for testing in the Dukes County area.
2. Package mosquitoes for shipping to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health's State Laboratory in Jamaica Plan as needed.
3. Data entry and report generation.
4. Send trapping information via electronic means as needed.
5. Assist in other ongoing research projects as directed.
6. Assist in other office or field tasks as needed.
7. Applicants must be willing and able to work outside in potentially inclement weather conditions.
8. Ability to identify different species of mosquitoes after minimal training is a plus.
Previous related experience; knowledge of Microsoft Office products
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Martina Thornton, Dukes County Manager, P.O. Box 190, Edgartown, MA 02539 or e-mail to email@example.com or fax 508-696-3841.
The Dukes County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.