United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Rural Development Office Workshop on Economic Development and Affordable Housing Programs
DATE: Thursday, April 4, 2013, 2:00 – 3:30 pm
PLACE: VTA Administration Building Second Floor Conference Room, MV Airport
The Martha’s Vineyard Commission and Dukes County Commission invite all interested town boards to a USDA’s Rural Development Office Workshop on Economic Development and Affordable Housing Programs. The USDA representatives will provide information on various economic development and affordable housing grant programs and projects as well as an update on current USDA funding with respect to the federal budget.
Municipalities and public /private non-profit entities are eligible to apply for USDA Grants and Programs particularly projects and initiatives related to infrastructure such as wastewater or solid waste in addition to affordable housing. Please join us on Thursday April 4th.
The workshop is free of charge. Please RSVP by Tuesday April 2ndby contacting Christine Flynn at (508) 693-3453 or via email at email@example.com.
1. Welcome and Introductions by Christine Flynn, MVC Economic Development & Affordable Housing Planner (5 minutes)
2. Opening Remarks by Jay Healy, USDA State Director (15 minutes)
3. Overview of USDA Programs for Affordable Housing by Tom McGarr, Area Director (20 minutes)
4. Overview of USDA Programs for Economic Development – Community and Businesses by Ron Koontz, Area Specialist (30 minutes)
5. Questions and Answers (20 minutes)