DUKES COUNTY HEALTH COUNCIL
FY06 GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. Facilitate the work of the Health Council, including sustainability of current programs and development of new programs and approaches.
- Support and participate in development of public health programs
- Identify new funding and sustainability options for VHCAP
- Develop sources for coordinated communicty investment in Council
- Facilitate development of committee goals, objectives and workplans
- Monitor and support committee progress toward meetings goals and objective
- Clarify mission of County Health and Human Services function, including role of Associate
2. Foster and promote the organizational support and collaboration needed to develop an integrated primary care system for Martha’s Vineyard.
- Initiate the Rural Health Network Development planning process
- Conduct Rural Health Network Development planning process
- Apply for Rural Health Network Development funding
- Complete HPSA renewal process
- Revisit the E-MUP Designation
- Ensure integration of mental health and oral health services within an integrated primary care system
3. Actively support and facilitate initiatives undertaken by individual members of the Health Council that are directly compatible with the mission of the Council
- Support the rebuilding and integration of behavioral health services
- Support improved access to oral health care and prevention programs
- Support the development of plans and programs designed to address the findings of the MV Health Report
- Promote community-wide health and wellness for the youth of Martha's Vineyard and their families
4. For the Health Council’s standing committees and workgroups: a) Establish the leadership development and succession planning needed to ensure sustainability; and b: Actively support and facilitate their plans and programs.
- Facilitate leadership development and succession planning
5. Support the development of plans and programs designed to increase the health care delivery capacity of our community, including recruitment, housing, professional development and retention.
- Reinstate active advisory board membership of L/OCCC-RIGEC
- Engage public safety, rehabilitative and other health and human service professionals in a joint accident prevention campaign for older adults
- Distribute I&R Services for Seniors Pocket Guide to Senior and Professionals
6. Establish and maintain liaisons with regional health and human services collaboratives and networks.
- Identify relevant liaison opportunities
- Facilitate bi-directional reporting and communication
- Facilitate use by MV residents of the Resource Locator tool developed by Lighthouse Alliance