Dukes County is proud to provide its residents with additional relief in terms of the rising cost of prescription drugs. The Dukes County Coast2Coast prescription discount card offers significant savings for the uninsured and underinsured residents of our county, and even residents with prescription coverage can use the card to save money on drugs that are not covered by their health plan. Most importantly, there is no cost to County taxpayers for the card or to Dukes County.
The savings are tremendous. The average savings in 2009 for cardholders was over 39% and in 2010 they’ve been over 45%. The card will help people put some money back in their pockets to meet other necessities. This is an effort to save families money in these current economic times and to take the bite out of purchasing medications as well as helping others have the ability to purchase medications they may not be able to otherwise afford. The County receives a royalty on a per filled prescription basis of $.50 to $.75 -- depending upon volume – which comes out of the pharmacy dispensing fee – so there is no increased cost to county residents for using the card. The pharmacies are doing this to help drive in additional business and to help residents save on their prescriptions.
Using the Dukes County - Coast2Coast Rx discount card is easy. Simply present it at a participating pharmacy. There is no enrollment form, no membership fee and no restrictions or limits on usage. Cardholders and their family members may use the card any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance or other means.
The card also includes savings from 50% to 80% on lab & imaging tests; we’ve seen residents in counties throughout the U.S. save hundreds to thousands of dollars on things such as CT Scans & MRIs.
Some prescriptions have small discounts and others we’ve seen are as high as 95% off the retail rate. Collectively we’re expecting Dukes County cardholders to save tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars every month by using the card.
The card is primarily for people without health insurance although there are a number of instances where people with health insurance may save using the card. For example people with high deductibles or a Health Savings Account. Some drugs aren’t covered by health policies – so the card will help insureds save in these situations. Lastly Medicare Part D participants that don’t have supplemental coverage for their donut hole period might also be able to save using the card.
Dukes County - Coast2Coast Rx Card
- 59,000+ participating pharmacies including all major chains and most independents
- Over 60,000 drugs included in formulary
- Savings up to 65% on brand name & generics
- Savings of 20%-40% on an annual basis
- Card is good for an entire family
- Cardholder pays no fees for the card
- No paperwork to fill out - card is ready to use
- There are no health, age or income restrictions; everyone qualifies
- Card has no expiration date and can be used as often as needed
- Card can be used to fill pet prescriptions at participating pharmacies
- Card is primarily for uninsured although insureds can use the card if they have a high deductible
- Insureds can use the card if their drug isn’t covered by their insurance
- In some instances the card can be used during the Medicare Part D “donut hole.”
- Cardholder information is held confidential and is not used for any other purpose.
- The card includes 50%-80% discounts on lab and imaging tests