Need a little help and don't know where to go? Just want to find someone to talk to? This comprehensive list of community services and programs can help you get the assistance you need, whatever that may be. Should you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us, either by phone at (508) 696-3844, or by email at email@example.com.
Resources, Partners, and Friends of the Dukes County Social Services department
- Department of Transitional Assistance - https://www.mass.gov/orgs/department-of-transitional-assistance - The DTA is in charge of all SNAP and WIC cases.
- South Shore Community Action Council - http://sscac.org - The SSCAC is in charge of Fuel Assistance for all of the Cape and Islands.
- More information can be found here for the Fuel Assistance program.
- Vineyard Healthcare Access Program - http://mvhealthcareaccess.org - The VHCAP is a community-based service of Dukes County that connects residents of Martha’s Vineyard with health benefits. We help people to apply for, enroll in, and maintain coverage in health insurance programs including MassHealth (Medicaid), Medicare , Connector Care and Qualified Health Plans. We also provide assistance with other government benefits like Social Security Disability and Food Stamps.
- First Stop Martha's Vineyard - http://firststopmv.org - FirstStop MV is an Island-wide reference guide to support the health and wellness of our community by connecting people to information and critical resources for Islanders of all ages. From mental health to elder care, First Stop provides a helpful catalog of resources for whatever you may need.
- Homelessness Prevention Services - https://www.dukescounty.org/homelessness-prevention - For residents of MV who find themselves on the verge, in the midst, or chronically homeless please contact the Dukes County Social Services Caseworker for initial intake and assistance to connect you to available resources.
- Island Food Pantry - http://islandfoodpantry.org - Since its inception in 1981, the Island Food Pantry has had a simple but effective mission: neighbors helping neighbors get through the winter on Martha’s Vineyard. If you or someone you know need food or supplies, do not hesistate to reach out or visit during open hours.
- Hours (OCT-APRIL): 2-4PM Monday and Wednesday, 10AM-12PM Saturday.
- Hours (MAY-OCT): 2-4PM Wednesday, 10AM-12PM Saturday.
- Warming Center MV - CURRENTLY CLOSED The Warming Center MV provides a warm, dry, daytime community space to rest, do laundry, take showers, enjoy a hot meal, engage in socialization, and gives you the opportunity to connect with service providers who can help with food insecurity, health insurance, benefits, mental health, housing, and employment. The center also has a nurse visit twice a month and recovery coaches to work with those desiring assistance with sobriety.
- Good Shephard Parish Basement - 55 School Street, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557 (Click here for directions)
- Hours (Nov 4th - April 1st): Monday 12:15-2PM, Tuesdays-Saturdays 11AM-2PM
- Closed Sundays & holidays
- Martha's Vineyard Community Services -http://mvcommunityservices.org - MV Community Services enhances the lives of Islanders from every corner of the Vineyard community and in every season of their lives.
- Health Imperatives Martha's Vineyard - https://healthimperatives.org/marthas-vineyard/ - Health Imperatives MV is proud to provide high-quality, confidential, and affordable health and human services to island residents. The Family Planning clinic is also run by Health Imperatives and is funded by the Friends of Family Planning MV.
- More information can be found here for the services that the Family Planning MV clinic provides.
- Martha's Vineyard Substance Use Disorder Coalition https://www.mvsud.org/ - The mission of the MV Substance Use Disorder Coalition is to engage, advocate, inform, and bring awareness to substance use disorder through education, prevention, treatment, and recovery to build a healthy, safe, and addiction free community. A valuable resource guide can be found at the Dukes County Social Services office, which will provide a tremendous amount of information and resources for users, family of users, and recovering addicts like.
- Dukes County Regional Housing Authority - rental assistance - special rental assistance program